Tuesday 10 November 2020

Prayer of Blessed Anthony Baldinucci SJ

 O Lord,

I do not know what to ask you.
You alone know my real needs,
and you love me more
than I even know how to love.
Enable me to discern my true needs
which are hidden from me.
I ask for neither cross nor consolation;
I wait in patience for you.
My heart is open to you.
For your great mercy's sake,
come to me and help me.
Put your mark on me and heal me,
cast me down and raise me up.
Silently I adore your holy will
and your inscrutable ways.
I offer myself in sacrifice to you
and put all my trust in you.
I desire only to do your will.
Teach me how to pray
and pray in me, yourself. Amen.
~ Blessed Anthony Baldinucci, SJ
Born : June 19, 1665
Died : November 7, 1717
Beatified: March 25, 1893
Image may contain: 2 people
You, Herman F. Holbrook and 16 others

No comments:

Post a Comment

Permission from Liturgical Press to quote from Ludolph of Saxony (the Carthusian) translated by Milton Walsh.

 Very kindly the Liturgical Press have allowed me to publish extracts from the Ludolph of Saxony aka the Carthusian's Life of Jesus Chri...