Friday 27 November 2020

Chapter 13 Part 3 Method of Prayer - Thanksgiving

 Extracts from the Dux Spiritualis by the Venerable Louis de Ponte 

My Jesus [page 178] who both heard and spoke in prayer of the excess of love and sorrow Thou wouldst manifest in atonement for my sins in Thy sacred Passion: how great a benefit to me has this love and sorrow been!

I offer myself to drink the chalice of salvation which Thou didst drink, though it should bring me immense labour and suffering, that in my measure I may show what gratitude I may for so great a benefit.

Grant me, I beseech Thee, Lord, to be enlightened by some ray of light that shone forth at Thy Transfiguration, that I may no longer live in myself but wholly in Thee.

May I serve Thee as Thy slave, although with the love of a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Permission from Liturgical Press to quote from Ludolph of Saxony (the Carthusian) translated by Milton Walsh.

 Very kindly the Liturgical Press have allowed me to publish extracts from the Ludolph of Saxony aka the Carthusian's Life of Jesus Chri...