Tuesday 1 December 2020

Chapter 14 Part 5 - Titles and claims to be adduced on the side of God

 

Extracts from the Dux Spiritualis by the Venerable Louis de Ponte SJ

 

Section 4 – Titles and claims to be adduced on the side of God

Page 189 – Thou art what Thou art, because it belongs to Thy greatness and majesty and to the glory of Thy name to manifest Thy liberality and Thy immense mercy to the world; and for the truth [page 190] and fidelity Thou dost always observe in fulfilling Thy promises. Arise, O God, says David, judge Thy own cause [Ps. lxxiii, 22}; succour me in the troubles by which I am oppressed : for being what Thou art it belongs to Thee alone to help and deliver me.

Although this concerns my profit rather than Thine, yet it is also Thine, since it will be greatly to Thy glory to help me.

For Thy name’s sake, O Lord, Thou wilt pardon my sins, for it is great [Ps. xxiv, 11]. Because my sins are so grievous, Thou wilt gain greater glory from forgiving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Permission from Liturgical Press to quote from Ludolph of Saxony (the Carthusian) translated by Milton Walsh.

 Very kindly the Liturgical Press have allowed me to publish extracts from the Ludolph of Saxony aka the Carthusian's Life of Jesus Chri...