Thursday 1 July 2021

Chapter 5 - St Catherine of Siena - the Presence of God

  Extracts from the Dux Spiritualis by the Venerable Louis de Ponte SJ

Chapter 5 - St Catherine of Siena - the Presence of God 

..... as He said to St Catherine of Siena: 

            "Think of me and I will think of thee, endeavour to perform all thy actions as if                     conscious that I am watching thee, and I will take it upon myself to bring them all              to a happy conclusion"; 

this was the blessed lot of the Spouse who said;

         I to my beloved, and his turning is towards me [Canticles vii,10]. 

I gaze upon my beloved and He on me; I strive to walk in His presence; He is attentive to direct my steps so that I please Him in all things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Permission from Liturgical Press to quote from Ludolph of Saxony (the Carthusian) translated by Milton Walsh.

 Very kindly the Liturgical Press have allowed me to publish extracts from the Ludolph of Saxony aka the Carthusian's Life of Jesus Chri...